- My oldest boy learned to ride a motorcycle before he could ride his bike. I think learning how to not have to learn how to pedal helped…crazy motorcycle says he should be 12…whatever!
- What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger!
- I love my Fathers day gift – the 16 Gig iPod Touch…I wish everywhere had WiFi then I wouldn’t be Jonesing for an iPhone
- Boys should learn how to sew…girls should learn to change a tire
- I crocheted a scarf for my wife
- My current max bench is 225
- Felt I should say what my max bench was after I said I could crochet 😉
- Climbed to the top of a Ladder 1 (77′) a few hours ago to see what the top of Walmart looked like
- Should really do my post way before 2:00 am
- I liked (and still do) Duran Duran when it wasn’t “cool” for guys to like Duran Duran
- I could put the song “It Takes Two” on repeat for a solid day and never hear it to much and even though I can’t rap love to try to rap with it
- Spent 30 minutes finding the best music video to show you how good Rob Base and DJ Easy Rocks “It Takes Two” really is.
Got back in last night from seeing Terminator Salvation around midnight. We got to the theater late at Arsley and they had a line going out the street so we caught the 10:10 show in Pineville. I don’t know why everyone reviewed it so poorly. While perhaps it is not best Terminator I still enjoyed it. Then at 3:30 AM we had a fire call which turned out to be a non-event but still enough to get the adrenaline going for a few minutes. All that to say that this selection for Monday may not be in my normal taste but I still like it. I should have wrote this after the call…I was more awake then!
I ain’t got much to say today but had to send some tunes your way.
I think I found a haircut I can emulate… I do feel like an instigator sometimes
- This is the second time I have done RTT
- I love Google Analytics because it shows that at least 1 person comes to this site and actually a lot more than I thought would
- My wife just learned that I have this blog
- I hate Google Analytics because it shows nobody is viewing my fire training site…where there should be people viewing it (http://training.tcvfd.com has 2 loyal viewers and one is me)
- I am done with all the candy that I like in the 5.6 pound bag of candy that my wife got
- Can’t understand why I gained weight this week …approximately 5.6 pounds 😉
- has finished w/o EAS Active workout number 6
- suffering from Coke withdrawal symptoms
- Is addicted to seeing a number near the comments in WP Dashboard
- Clowns are Evil…that’s just the way it is
- I love me some Captain Crunch
- 911 is not the fastest number to dial on a rotary phone
- I feel old cause I remember when phones had a rotary dials
- Thinks he should set an example and change the batteries in the smoke detectors 2 times a year like we tell everyone when we do fire education talks.
- Checked to see if WiiDads.com was available…its not… cyber-squatters have staked their claim
- I like to end my post with videos although I forget sometimes
- I like this British public service announcement
I like all sorts of music but New Order is a group I particularly like…
Music from the Opposite Side of the Tracks
I just can’t help but smile when I listen to this
…I was only going to put 2 videos but…
Falco and Nelly = DeBomb!
Type “Mashup yourFavoriteBandGoesHere” in Google for a little something different
Don’t forget to leave me some Comment love …especially if you find a good Mashup!
I picked up the Wii Fit on Sunday. Well I am going to be honest…I am depressed. That darn thing is brutally honest. At least it didn’t make fun of me…directly that is. I feel I should be on “The Biggest Loser”. I didn’t realize that my scale at the house was 10 pounds off and not in favorable way either. I would post what it said but I dare say I am quite embarrassed by it. I was happy that I at least wasn’t near the max weight for the controller. Even if I don’t use it for anything else it looks like a cool way to track my progress with how I am doing with the EA Active 30 day Challenge. A nice scale (really nice) would cost as much as the Wii Fit does. I am not exactly keen on the fact that you have to unlock exercises since it seems any exercise is good. I am done with the depressing part but for me it is all to obvious how I gained my weight. Check out the video and know I won’t be skipping the workout today!
Well I was going to blog about why spammers would be more successful if they didn’t post comments like “Hi, very nice post. I have been wonder’n bout this issue, so thanks for posting” or why a Twitter user named @ghtiyjklksjd would have trouble being followed. Instead though, I am going to tell you what my personal physical fitness goal is.
The goal: to be able to do the CrossFit workout named “Fran” in firefighting gear and on air (I don’t care how many cylinders or minutes it takes either).
My current state of fitness can be explained by two words “Big Boy.” I am actually thinner than I was but I could do much better. Before, I began any working out I weighted in at 275 and my poor size 40’s were saying “excuse me but don’t you think we are a bit small.” It seemed 275 kind of snuck up on me. I just got on the scale and bam that number was looking at me. Something about that number seemed way to close to 300 and then 400 and then next thing you know the piano sized coffin. I don’t eat right and I don’t want to. I now do Crossfit on and off. The first time I did the “Fran” workout I really had trouble walking for a week. Now I can do it in roughly 15 minutes (with assistance on the pull-ups). I am adjusting the EA Active squats to be like Thrusters. I may even start Weight Watchers! Arghhhh! It does work. My wife is down 60 pounds because of it. Bottom line I need to get on the ball.
It’s lunch time at work so I am going to try to fit this post in. Since my boss at work(@knightopia) has introduced me to Twitter I have been addicted. I didn’t know what it was about so I followed local people in Fort Mill and Tega Cay. This led me to following @Momspective. She is pretty darn funny and one thing leads to another and somehow I am following all sorts of mommies. Well I have to fight an inner struggle with the fact that this group of moms is who I chat with the most. I mean really how masculine is that. I think maybe I should do less laundry and vacuuming. The going topic is the new EA Active and they have a website too. Check it out at WiiMommies.com. I told my wife about all the coupon cutting our family should be doing and Wii fit stuff. She explained that I could do the grocery shopping now and that she wants EA Active for her birthday. Well I got her the EA Active for her birthday. The shopping hasn’t changed hands but I am definitely thinking about it. Today I am really long winded. I used to hate writing but strangely I am vomiting words (good visual right?) What was I talking about? Oh yeah fitness! I wrote a post “Up the Challenge! Pimp your EA Active!” where I talk about upgrading the bands. Well last night I did my first workout with the new “Medium” band. WOW! I am sore now. I think they really need to include a few different bands for different levels. My legs have been getting a great workout and I am always sweating but my arms never felt like they did anything. When I go to the Y my max bench is 275 lbs but that is because I am fat and I hate to do cardio so I hit the weights. The EA Active is what I needed for cardio and the new bands make it perfect. If they figured out a way to have the game yell at me when I have a candy bar it would be the perfect trainer. Well lunch is almost over so I need to get back to it. This post just wouldn’t be finished with out giving some link love out to my favorite EA Active motivator… @SuperJennBlogs You know I have been leaving music videos so I got one to motivate your next workout next workout do it