I got a song that may sound familiar to you and if you pretend I am not singing then it will be better for you in the long run.
“Here’s a little sorry I got to tell about 3 bad brothers you know so well. It started way back in history with @Momspective, @SuperJennBlogs and me Chris B (@DeNifty) …” If you don’t recognize the song then I will provide a link when I am done with my story of how this could have happened to me. Lets start from the beginning.
Random events that led to purchase of said EA Active:
- I joined Twitter
- I followed as many people as I could that were in Fort Mill/Charlotte Area
- @Momspective happens to live in said area
- read some Momspective blog and ended up at wiimommies.com
- ended up following more interesting moms on twitter (strange but true)
- went to a party on Memorial day (put on by @MrsJennyO) and chatted about all these #wiimoms and what they did even though I really didn’t know that much
- wife heard me talking about this in a group of mothers (strange but true) and decided she wanted this for her birthday
- I thought long and hard about being the “husband that gave his wife a wii game that was supposed to get her fit” for her birthday…seemed like one of those women test that they put men through
- gave it to her on her birthday…I passed the test… it really was what she wanted
So there is the short version of how it came to sit in our family festivities room. I thought about actually doing the 30 day challenge and @SuperJennBlogs decided to encourage me to start or nag me to get the house painted. Well so I didn’t have to tell her that I didn’t do it yet another day, I went ahead and started the 30 day challenge at 11:30 PM. It’s now officially. I did it on #fitnessfriday.
Here’s what I thought about Day 1:
- I feel stupid walking/running in place
- I like punching targets
- squats were awesome for getting form right but there wasn’t many of them compared to a Crossfit workout
- I sweated a lot on the Medium setting
- I like the fact that when your running someone tries to pass you…in my case it was an old man with a walker
- the band included didn’t have much resistance so I used bands that we had from a previous workout set
- the skate ramps were good for motivating me to stay in a squat position
All-in-all, I sweat therefore it was good. Tomorrow I am going to paint and do Day 2. Now for the song I referred to above.